Wellness RN-Part Time-Denver/Littleton
Wellness RN- Part Time- (with or without reasonable accommodation)
Wellness RN's provide care at foot care clinics for our seniors. Clinics are reoccurring each month; same time/day, same location each month. Clinics are in 4-7 hour increments and are low acuity and low stress! During flu season our wellness RN's also run corporate flu clinics!
Nurses who are Retiring or on the brink fit very well with this position. Nurses will provide 1 on 1 patient care during these clinics. Up to 1 month training for clinics.
Want to stay in the game but no longer want to work 12 or 8 hour shifts? This position is perfect!
No weekends, evenings or holidays!
Location- South West Metro- Denver, Littleton, Highlands Ranch (west of I-25)-
Hours: Part time 4-12 hrs./week. Days only- No nights, weekends or evenings.
The Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. CVNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
As a CVNA Wellness RN, you will:
- Evaluate patient health needs and conducts case and resource management under the direction of a licensed physician.
- Provide consistently high quality care to patients.
- Handle medical emergencies calmly and quickly.
- Communicate regularly with other disciplines involved in patient's care, including supervisor and support staff.
- Provide care in a safe manner, utilizing universal precautions and following applicable Agency policies.
- Demonstrate competence in performing procedures that may be required of the Wellness Clinic RN, which may include (but are not limited to) any of the following: health risk assessments, monitoring/screening of health condition, wellness testing, immunizations for ages 6 months and up, patient education, and foot care if a Senior Wellness RN.
- Effectively manage a clinic caseload and clinic sites as agreed upon including coordinating activities of volunteers and on-site personnel, and by reporting problems or concerns to the Division Manager.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of care to Agency by meeting paperwork and cash-handling deadlines, charting care legibly, and meeting regulatory agency and pay source requirements.
- Represent the agency and the division in a clinically competent, proficient manner and displays a high level of customer service skills.
- Consistently use a high degree of customer service principles to meet or exceed customer needs within the scope of Agency policies and guidelines.
- Can work with diverse clients and in diverse settings so customers feel comfortable with the care.
- Assist in the management of clinic volunteers and clerks, including recruitment, on-site orientation, training, and supervision.
- Handle clinic cash meeting defined Agency guidelines for record keeping and deposits.
- Completion of an approved educational program for Nursing.
- Must have an active Colorado RN license or a license from the state of primary residence, if participating in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- Current CPR required.
- Proven physical assessment skills for a continuum of the population.
- Experience working with the elderly population and the public preferred.
- Complete knowledge of universal precautions.
- Basic knowledge of the aging process and its effect on patients' health.
- Sufficient knowledge of immunization procedures to assess patient reactions.
- Facile with computers, email and other electronic media.
- Psychomotor skills to provide nursing care, including daily and repetitive pinching, grasping, and manipulating for wound care, assessing vital signs, or cutting toenails.
- Daily standing, squatting, walking, bending, and maneuvering at clinic sites.
- Occasional need for heavy lifting (fifty pounds) to transfer or turn an adult, with or without assistive devices; regular lifting requirement of less than twenty pounds.
- If you need an accommodation, please let us know. Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible. Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.