Triage RN-Part Time- Weekends
Triage RN- home healthcare- with or with out reasonable accommodation.
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday--Part time (16-20 hrs/ week): 8-5. may also alternate on Mondays and Fridays.
Location: 6750 W. 52nd Ave. Arvada, CO 80002
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 403B, Flexible Spending Account, LTD/STD Insurance & much more!
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. CVNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
Why should you work at the CVNA? We make a difference in your community. Our careers are extremely rewarding. Our clients appreciate you and we do too! That is why we have great benefits for you to take advantage of. Apply now to take the next step in your career.
As a CVNA Triage RN, you will:
- Perform daily reviews of evening nurse schedules, making adjustments as necessary. Interacts closely with evening nurses and nurse manager.
- Triage and assist with assessments, medical and social judgment calls.
- Assist field staff with telephone calls and researching information as needed.
- Work closely with evening nurse manager and other Agency managers when appropriate to resolve patient and staff problems.
- Triage all patient and non-patient calls that are sent to them due to complexity or call overload.
- Triage and process new or potential referrals.
- Use customer service skills to deal diplomatically and constructively with callers. Answers or refers questions from the general public about Agency services.
- Troubleshoot all IV, Wound Vac, and feeding tube pumps over the phone.
- Assess when to assist patients over the telephone with corrective actions and when to send a nurse.
- Recognize and responds to emergencies in a calm and effective manner.
- Document all calls on the triage log.
- Document communications and leaves voice mail messages as appropriate.
- Fill out complaint forms and occurrence reports per Agency procedure when necessary.
- Receive report from all team members and disseminates information as required for good patient follow-up.
- Apply knowledge of Agency resources to provide high quality customer service, by maintaining current and comprehensive knowledge of Agency services, staying current with Agency and department policies and procedures and suggesting ways to improve the triage process when warranted.
- Graduation from an approved educational RN program.
- Must have an active Colorado RN license or a license from the state of primary residence, if participating in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- Previous call center or triage experience preferred.
- Previous home health care experience preferred.
- Able to prioritize, coordinate, organize and handle several tasks at once at a fast pace.
How to Apply
Apply online or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about CVNA, visit www.vnacolorado.org.
If you need an accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.