Speech Therapist- Per Visit- Home Healthcare- NE/NW
Speech Therapist- (with or with out reasonable accommodation)
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. CVNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
Seeking a Per Visit Speech Therapist for overflow visits and vacation coverage.
Area- NW/ NE- Broomfield, Arvada, Commerce City, Brighton, Golden, Denver
Pay- $65 per visit- mileage is also paid in between patients homes.
As a CVNA Speech Therapist, you will:
- Deliver consistently high quality care to patients in accordance with the plan of care and Agency policies.
- Assess and treat speech disorders, linguistic disorders, communication disorders, developmental delay, voice disorders, oral-motor functioning, auditory and visual perception, and cognition.
- Use appropriate case management skills.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes.
- Advise and consult with family, physician, and other agency personnel.
- Participate in in-service program, maintaining and enhancing therapy skills on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate regularly with other disciplines involved in care.
- Provide aural rehabilitation, feeding therapy, speech/language stimulation, and teaching of articulation, respiration, and swallowing.
- Provide Agency with accurate and timely documentation of care by meeting paperwork deadlines consistently and by charting accurately and legibly.
- Effectively manage caseload according to the productivity standard established.
- Regularly communicate with scheduler regarding caseload status.
- Assure continuity of care by seeing patients regularly and following Agency protocols for transferring visits to other caregivers when necessary.
- Master's degree in Speech and Language Pathology from an accredited college or university.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP).
- Membership in the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Current CPR certification.
- Psychomotor skills to provide speech therapy, including daily and repetitive teaching, and use of equipment.
- Daily standing, squatting, walking, bending, and maneuvering in private homes which are not barrier-free.
- Vital stim certification preferred.
- One year experience in speech and language pathology preferred. (Anyone with less than 1 year of therapy experience may be subject to an extended probationary review period.)
If you need an accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Pay: up to $65/hour
<p><span><strong>Pay-</strong> $65 per visit- mileage is also paid in between patients homes.</span></p>
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 883903