Speech Therapist- Home Healthcare
Speech Therapist?with or without reasonable accommodation
The Colorado visiting Nurse association is seeking a full time Speech that is STIM certified. Home Healthcare experience is a plus! We are seeking a caring and compassionate therapist with geriatric or adult experience.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. CVNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
Location: Home Health! SW and NW territories- Denver metro Area West of I-25 (Broomfield, Arvada, Lakewood, Littleton)
Work Schedule: Full Time- 32 hrs/ week (Monday- Friday)
Benefits: $2,800 retention bonus, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 403B, Flexible Spending Account, LTD/STD Insurance & much more!
Why should you work at the CVNA? We make a difference in your community. Our careers are extremely rewarding. Our clients appreciate you and we do too! That is why we have great benefits for you to take advantage of. Apply now to take the next step in your career.
At Colorado VNA, you will find a friendly work environment that fosters ongoing learning and professional development. Apply today and join our dynamic team of professionals! Full-time Speech Therapists qualify for sign-on and performance bonuses!
As a CVNA Speech Therapist, you will:
- Deliver consistently high quality care to patients in accordance with the plan of care and Agency policies.
- Assess and treat speech disorders, linguistic disorders, communication disorders, developmental delay, voice disorders, oral-motor functioning, auditory and visual perception, and cognition.
- Use appropriate case management skills.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes.
- Advise and consult with family, physician, and other agency personnel.
- Participate in in-service program, maintaining and enhancing therapy skills on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate regularly with other disciplines involved in care.
- Provide aural rehabilitation, feeding therapy, speech/language stimulation, and teaching of articulation, respiration, and swallowing.
- Provide Agency with accurate and timely documentation of care by meeting paperwork deadlines consistently and by charting accurately and legibly.
- Effectively manage caseload according to the productivity standard established.
- Regularly communicate with scheduler regarding caseload status.
- Assure continuity of care by seeing patients regularly and following Agency protocols for transferring visits to other caregivers when necessary.
- Master's degree in Speech and Language Pathology from an accredited college or university.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP).
- Membership in the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Current CPR certification.
- Psychomotor skills to provide speech therapy, including daily and repetitive teaching, and use of equipment.
- Daily standing, squatting, walking, bending, and maneuvering in private homes which are not barrier-free.
- Vital stim certification.
- One year experience in speech and language pathology preferred. (Anyone with less than 1 year of therapy experience may be subject to an extended probationary review period.)
How to Apply
If you need an accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.