Scheduling Supervisor- Home Healthcare
Scheduling Supervisor ? with or without reasonable accommodation
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. Colorado VNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
Location: Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, 6750 w. 52ND Ave. Arvada, 80002
Work Schedule: Monday -Friday 8-5. Rotating weekends (1-2/month).
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off(3 weeks), 403B with company match, Flexible Spending Account, LTD/STD Insurance & much more!
Requirements: Minimum two years experience in a Home Health scheduling position and one year supervisory or lead experience.
Why should you work at the Colorado VNA? We make a difference in your community. Our careers are extremely rewarding. Our clients appreciate you and we do too! That is why we have great benefits for you to take advantage of. Apply now to take the next step in your career.
As a Scheduling Supervisor you will:
1. Oversees the day-to-day operations and supervision of the Scheduling team. Responsible for evaluating systems and processes, policies and procedures, to ensure appropriateness, timeliness, and compliance with Medicare COPs and State regulations in regard to the scheduling of patient care visits. Reviews and improves departmental productivity as well as assessment of processes and services. Establishes performance metrics for each position.
2. Assigns schedulers to ensure appropriate assignment of cases based on patient?s order visit frequency, geographic locale and clinician?s caseload. Maintains scheduling system to assure that records are accurate and complete. Assures that updates are input daily as submitted by clinicians, reassigns clinician to client as needed, and processes paperwork related to changes. Verifies that each day?s visits, both new admissions and re-visits, are properly scheduled for the correct day and time and identifies trends in non-compliance.
3. Communicates appropriately with clinicians, patients/families, physicians and other contacts and accurately relays messages as needed. Treats all internal personnel and external contacts with professional respect and a consistently high degree of customer service. Notifies appropriate clinical manager promptly of staffing problems, patient issues, clinician concerns.
4. Trains all new schedulers, maintaining open communication and assisting other schedulers when required. Ensures daily coverage by scheduers, assesses availability of schedulers to cover absentee scheduler including covering evening and weekend schedulers. Ensures that all policies and procedures are followed.
5. Functions as a liaison between Agency disciplines, and facilitates positive communication between schedulers, admissions, triage nurses, clinicians, clinical managers and patients/families. Serves as a resource to Admissions, Billing and Insurance and Clinical Managers. Creates and maintains a collaborative interdisciplinary team environment.
6. Supervises daily Scheduling Team including conducting employee performance reviews.
7. Operates within the context of an established budget. Makes recommendations for the annual budget and maximizes opportunities to meet and exceed budget guidelines
If you need an accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity
Job Reference #: 944355