Registered Nurse- Triage- Temporary- with or without reasonable accommodations
Triage Nurse - Days - responsibilities will include Referral review for timely acceptance; Chart review for Recertification approval; and Order audits for process approval; Phone visits to complete initial assessments.
Location: 6750 w 52nd Ave. Arvada, CO 80021.
Schedule: 36 hrs/ week. Days Monday- Friday. 1 weekend a month.
Temporary Position- 90 days
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION. MUST HAVE COLORADO RN LICENCE
Must have Home Health Experience- Must have Homecare Homebase experience
- Performs daily reviews of nurse schedules, making adjustments as necessary. Interacts closely with nurses, therapists and managers. Triages and assists with assessments, medical and social judgment calls. Assists field staff with telephone calls and researching information as needed. Works closely with Agency managers when appropriate to resolve patient and staff problems.
- Triages all patient and non-patient calls that are sent to them due to complexity or call overload. Triages and processes new or potential referrals. Uses customer services skills to deal diplomatically and constructively with callers. Answers or refers questions from the general public about Agency services. Troubleshoots all IV, Wound Vac, and feeding tube pumps over the phone. Assesses when to assist patients over the telephone with corrective actions and when to send a nurse. Recognizes and responds to emergencies in a calm and effective manner.
- Documents all calls on the triage log. Documents communications and leaves voice mail messages as appropriate. Fills out complaint forms and occurrence reports per Agency procedure when necessary. Receives reports from all team members and disseminates information as required for good patient follow-up. Interfaces with schedulers to research and resolve patient/caregiver concerns as it relates to their scheduled visits.
- Applies knowledge of Agency resources to provide high quality customer service, by maintaining current and comprehensive knowledge of Agency services, staying current with Agency and department policies and procedures and suggesting ways to improve the triage process when warranted.
- May conduct Triage Charge RN duties as assigned to include:
- Reviews referrals for appropriateness of home health care and staffing to accommodate patient care needs for same day admissions and during assigned hours. Serves as a liaison for the admissions team; directs Admissions LPNs and Triage Nurses in obtaining physician order clarification when needed.
- Serves as a resource for Scheduling Coordinators to ensure timely patient care. Triages visits needed for priority as it relates to patient acuity, treatments and increased hospitalization risk.
- Reviews referral if patient request delay in services or if no contact has been made for any skilled care needs that would compromise the patient or a delay would cause potential harm; if identified will take appropriate action to ensure patient safety. Reviews referrals for patient safety for non-admits and supervises non admit process, directing notification of referral source and Physician.
If you need an accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 20 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Job Reference #: 1326704