RN- Registered Nurse- Home Based Foot Care- Northeast
RN- Home Based Foot Care-(with or without reasonable accommodations)
The Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is Colorado's oldest and largest Home healthcare company. We are a non-profit that takes pride in providing expert patient care while taking care of our community as well. Our company is proud to hold a 4.5 star CMS rating and we pride ourselves on our extensive training and continuous education. Our rich history, reputation in the Denver area and our care and compassion make the Colorado Visiting Nurse Association a wonderful place to continue your career.
Hours: Full tome, 30 hrs per week. Monday- Friday Days; NO WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS!
Pay: Salaried position based on experience. mileage paid
Location: Northeast territory- Denver to Brighton
Benefits: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Extended Illness bank. Medical, Dental, vision, 403B, life insurance and much more.
As a Home Based Foot care RN you will:
- Serves as a role model and educator for quality home-based, routine foot care. This may include: demonstrating expertise through direct patient care; handling medical emergencies and difficult situations calmly and quickly; communicating regularly and effectively with other disciplines and community programs; investigating patient care issues when quality of care is potentially jeopardized; assisting with orientation of new staff; assessing staff skills for provision of care and communicating evaluation to clinical manager; and assessing appropriateness of home-based routine foot care for patients and/or issues of concern.
- Implements a comprehensive infection control program by administering employee health components of infection control, care and cleaning of tools, and consulting with staff regarding patients with known infection risks.
- Provides excellent home-based, routine foot care, which may include but is not limited to the following procedures: examination of feet and lower extremities; clipping and filing toenails; applying lotion to feet and lower legs; taking BP and pulse; monofilament testing for neuropathy; diabetic care including teaching good foot care techniques; assessment of conditions that could cause complications: diabetes, neuropathy, anti-coagulant therapy, and/or peripheral vascular disease.
- Develops tools to support cost-effective, efficient, quality care and integrates tools into practice, by developing critical pathways, assisting with integration of outcome measures, and assisting with disease state development.
- Submits accurate and timely documentation to appropriate Agency personnel, using tablet or correct paperwork. Documents interdisciplinary communication regarding patients by entering it into their medical record. Charts progress accurately, thoroughly, and legibly. Meets regulatory agency and pay source requirements to include goals, interventions, outcomes, frequency/duration of care, and other required information.
- Effectively manages the patient caseload that has been mutually agreed upon.
- Participates in special Agency projects and programs as assigned, possibly including participation in Agency committees or task forces.
- Graduation from an approved educational program for Nursing. Bachelors in Nursing, a plus. Must have an active Colorado RN license or a license from the state of primary residence, if participating in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact). Current BLS required. Specialist certification in foot care preferred; if not certified, then willing to obtain certification (CFCN or CFCS). Current CPR required.
- Two years nursing experience as an RN. Previous home care and/or medical foot care experience preferred. One year as a CFCN or CFCS, a plus.
If you need an accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Job Reference #: 1345992