Quality Nurse- RN - Home Healthcare
Quality Nurse (RN)- with or with out reasonable accommodation
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. Colorado VNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
Seeking a Quality RN with the following qualifications:
- Quality Experience- must have
- Home healthcare experience- must have
- Living in the state of Colorado and have Colorado RN License- must have
- ICD10 coding certified- preferred
- Oasis Certified- preferred
- HCHB (Homecare Homebase) experience- preferred
- Full time salaried
- $2,000 retention bonus
- Work from home! (majority of the time from home- in office 2x per month)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 403B
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
Schedule: Work from home! Mon- Friday 8-5, 1 weekend every 4-6 weeks, rotating holidays.
Quality RN's review for accuracy, best practices and medicare guidelines. Other responsibilities include; teach a 2 hour OASIS class twice/month, attend in office meeting once a month, communicate with other Quality Nurses.
- Manages quality of documentation through education and electronic review of the OASIS and 485. Demonstrates expertise, serves as a resource, and provides training in OASIS, diagnosis coding and Plan of Care (485) documentation. Communicates regularly and effectively with assessing Clinicians and Clinical Managers. Evaluates competency of OASIS and 485 documentation and works with Clinical Managers in planning strategies to improve deficiencies identified. Assesses appropriateness of patients to home care requirements and adherence to payor rules and regulations. Handles difficult situations calmly and efficiently.
- Reviews documentation to assure appropriateness, timeliness and compliance with pay source regulations. Reviews OASIS and Plan of Care for accuracy and completeness and incorporates edits from SHP alerts to identify OASIS inconsistencies or incorrect diagnosis coding. Discusses suggested edits with the assessing Clinician prior to making edits or corrections to the OASIS.
- Examines, analyzes and interprets reports as appropriate. Monitors SHP reports specific to Outcomes and Process Measures to identify needs in training and implementation of best practice.
- Participates in special agency projects and programs as assigned. Serves on Agency committees and task forces as needed.
If you need accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Job Reference #: 891775