PTA- Physical Therapy Assistant- Home Healthcare
Physical Therapy Assistant- with or with out reasonable accommodation
Home Health Experience Preferred
Location: Northeast Territory; Westminster, Arvada, Broomfield, Golden- Home Healthcare
Schedule: Monday- Friday 8-5. Full time
Pay: Hourly;Depending on experience. Mileage is also paid.
Benefits: $1,000 Retention Bonus, Paid time off, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, 403B, Vision
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) performing physical therapy and conducting case management under the direction of a qualified therapist.
Our staff love the VNA for its rich history, opportunities for education and professional growth and autonomy that homecare offers. Our mission at the VNA is to offer patient care supporting optimal well-being, independence and dignity and we are proud to serve the individuals and communities.
- Provides consistently high quality of care in accordance with the plan of care and Agency policies. Performs services planned, delegated and supervised by a qualified therapist. Assists in preparing clinical notes and progress reports. Participates in educating the patient and family. Participates in in-service programs maintaining and enhancing therapy skills on an ongoing basis. Provides therapeutic exercise as needed. Relates to family and physician as needed after conferring with the qualified therapist, and maintains a professional demeanor and customer service orientation to clients, peers, and physicians.
- The procedures may include (but are not limited to): ultrasound treatment, application of heat and cold, massage, gait training, muscle stimulation, assistance and training in cardio-pulmonary exercise, mobilization, assistance and training with ambulation, range of motion exercises, patient transfer, strengthening techniques, electrotherapy, prosthetic training, and adaptive equipment.
- Documents care in an accurate and timely manner by meeting established deadlines, by communicating regularly with other caregivers regarding case(s) and documenting interdisciplinary communication, and by meeting regulatory agency and pay source requirements.
- Effectively manages a caseload at least equivalent to the productivity standard established, and regularly communicating with the scheduler regarding caseload status.
- Graduation from a Physical Therapy Assistant program, accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, or equivalent program.
- PTA License
- Current BLS certification required.
- At least two years of physical therapy assistant experience required. Home health experience preferred.
If you need accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible. Retention bonuses are available for new employees or employees that have been separated from CVNA for longer than 1 year.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1130390