Occupational Therapist?with or without reasonable accommodation
Location: Northeast/Northwest; Thornton, Arvada, Westminster, Brighton, Commerce city
Work Schedule: Per Visit- Covers overflows and vacations
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. CVNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
Why should you work at the CVNA? We make a difference in yourcommunity. Our careers are extremely rewarding. Our clients appreciate you and we do too! That is why we have great benefits for you to take advantage of. Apply now to take the next step in your career.
As a CVNA Occupational Therapist, you will:
- Evaluate patient needs.
- Conduct case and resource management.
- Assist the physician in evaluating the level of function and help develop a plan of care.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes.
- Advise and consult with the family, physician, and other agency personnel.
- Perform specific therapeutic exercises as needed.
- Communicate regularly with other disciplines involved in care.
- Assist with muscle re-education, ADL training, adaptive equipment, orthotics, fine motor coordination, sensory rehabilitation, therapeutic exercise, and cognitive assessments/interventions.
- Document care in an accurate and timely manner.
- Effectively manage caseload and communicate regularly with the scheduler regarding status.
- Maintain and enhance therapy skills on an ongoing basis.
- Graduation from a college or university, with a degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Active Colorado OT license.
- Current CPR certification.
- One year of experience as an occupational therapist.
- One year of home care experience preferred.
If you need an accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 20 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Job Reference #: 1325870