Nurse Manager -Clinical Support Services, Paraprofessional and Grant Programs
Nurse Manager -Clinical Support Services, Paraprofessional and Grant Programs (with or without reasonable accommodation)
Location: Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, 6750 W. 52nd Ave. Arvada 80002
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5; 40 hours. On call requirements
Benefits: Retention bonus, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 403B with company match, Flexible Spending Account, LTD/STD Insurance & much more!
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. CVNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
Manager responsible for oversight of all CNA patient care and management of nurses, CNAs and support staff. Responsible for ensuring provision of home health services are compliant with Agency policy and all required regulations. Responsible for performing professional and supervisory work with grant program clients of home health care. Oversees implementation of training courses and providing ongoing education for the Paraprofessional Division in accordance with Board of Nursing guidelines and Agency policies and procedures.
- Responsible for provision of safe, high quality patient care through coordination of patient care and referrals. Makes personnel assignments based on CNA competencies and patient acuity. Ensures optimal patient care through appropriate case manager, ensuring patient needs are continually assessed and the plan of care is individualized and updated based on changes in patient condition. Case conferences with nurses and facilitates communication between disciplines to promote interdisciplinary coordination of patient care.
- Responsible for ensuring team's productivity meets standards and guidelines outlined by the Agency. Ensures quality, timeliness, and appropriateness of care given, which may include making periodic visits with field nurses and CNAs or performing home visits if needed due to volume. Ensures compliance with Agency policies; monitors documentation to assure appropriate, timely compliance with Agency policies and payor regulations.
- Responsible for selecting, supervising and evaluating CNAs. Acts as a resource, role model, and motivator to develop and maintain a stable, satisfied engaged team of CNAs.
- Participates in QAPI activities and Policy and Procedure review. Leads review and implementation of industry best practices. Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of all regulations including Medicare, state licensure and CHAP requirements. Directs management activities to assure compliance with all regulatory requirements and ensure quality patient care.
- Ensures provision of safe, high quality patient care. Makes appropriate assessments and referrals to grant programs, makes co-visits with field staff, and evaluates caregivers as assigned. Performs home visits if needed due to volume or staffing.
- Monitors documentation to assure appropriateness, timeliness, and compliance with grant program guidelines and regulations as defined by State and/or Federal laws. Maintains ongoing statistical reports, files reports as requested by funding sources, and assists in grant request process.
- Actively pursues community outreach by working with the Commission of Aging and other entities to provide service to those in need, and by accessing other similar community agencies to avoid duplication.
- Assists in the hiring and supervision of PCPs and Homemakers and conducts performance reviews in a timely manner.
If you need an accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Retention bonuses are available for new employees or employees that have been separated from CVNA for longer than 1 year.