Medical Social Worker (MSW)- Per Visit- Home Healthcare
Medical Social Worker- -PER VISIT (with or without reasonable accommodation)
MIRACLES HAPPEN EVERY DAY AT THE COLORADO VISITING NURSE ASSOCIATION!
Medical Social Worker is a professional position responsible for providing services to patients in their homes relative to the physical health, mental health, family involvement, and community organization for assessment, case planning, treatment, and coordination on behalf of the patient's ongoing medical care.
Hours: per visit- to cover overflow and vacations- 1-10 visits per week (visits are 30-45 minutes each). Hours are within Monday- Friday 8-5
Location: Denver metro area- will travel throughout Denver metro area
Pay: $59 per visit- mileage is paid in between patients homes
- Valid license to practice social work in the state of Colorado required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Two to three years of social work practice under the supervision of a licensed or equivalently qualified social worker, with one to two years of experience in the medical health care field preferred.
- Home health Experience Preferred
As A Hospice MSW You will:
- Provide consistently high quality social work care in accordance with the plan of care and Agency policies to patients.
- Assists the physician and other team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the health problems, and participates in the development of the plan of care and discharge planning.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes and works with the family using appropriate community resources.
- Participates in in-service programs maintaining and enhancing social work skills on an ongoing basis.
- Interviews patients and their support systems and performs social work assessment and intervention.
- Assesses psychosocial needs of patient and medical and nursing needs related to home situation and facilitation of the medical care plan.
- Identifies sources of financial assistance and provides access to community resources and entitlements
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. CVNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way. At CVNA, you will find a friendly work environment that fosters ongoing learning and professional development.
If you need accommodation, please let us know.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Positions under 30 hours are not benefit eligible.
Pay: up to $59/hour
<p><strong>Pay</strong>: $59 per visit- mileage is paid in between patients homes</p>
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 922990