LPN II- Home health- Denver
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) ? IV Certified?with or without reasonable accommodation
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday- Friday 8-5. 1 weekend/ month
Benefits: $1,000 retention bonus, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, 3 weeks of Paid Time Off, 403B with company match, Flexible Spending Account, LTD/STD Insurance & much more!
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. CVNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
Why should you work at the CVNA? We make a difference in your community. Our careers are extremely rewarding. Our clients appreciate you and we do too! That is why we have great benefits for you to take advantage of. Apply now to take the next step in your career.
As a CVNA LPN, you will:
- Provide consistently high quality of care to patients in accordance with the plan of care and Agency policies.
- Maintain and enhance nursing skills.
- Handle medical emergencies calmly and quickly.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes relating to family, physician and RN regarding care plan and specialized procedures.
- Prepare equipment and materials for treatments, observing aseptic techniques.
- Assist the patient in learning the appropriate self-care techniques.
- Perform procedures appropriate to LPN level of care.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of care by meeting deadlines consistently and assuring charting is accurate and legible.
- Graduation from a school of Practical Nursing approved by the National Association for Practical Nurse Education or accredited by the Colorado Board of Licensed Practical Nurse examiners
- Previous Homecare or Home Health preferred.
- Active Colorado LPN license or a license from the state of primary residence, if participating in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- Current CPR.
- IV certification required.
- Twelve months nursing experience as an LPN and six months nursing experience in the last three years. Anyone with less than 12 months hospital-based nursing may be subject to an extended probationary review period.
- Complete knowledge of universal precautions and of Agency caregiving procedures and guidelines.
- Ability read and interpret physicians' orders and notes from other caregivers, as well as respond to them, verbally and in writing.
How to Apply
Apply online or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about CVNA, visit www.vnacolorado.org.
If you need an accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.