Insurance Specialist- Healthcare
Insurance Specialist- (with or without reasonable accommodation)
Location: Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, 6750 W. 52nd Ave. Arvada, CO 80002
Work Schedule: Full Time- Mon-Fri- 9:30-6:00
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, LTD/STD insurance, 403B, and Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. Colorado VNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
Why should you work at the Colorado VNA? We make a difference in your community. Our careers are extremely rewarding. Our clients appreciate you and we do too! That is why we have great benefits for you to take advantage of! Apply now to take the next step toward in your career.
As an Insurance Specialist at the Colorado VNA, you will:
- Be responsible for obtaining verification of patient payer benefits and eligibility for the homecare services ordered, initial authorization and re-authorization of coverage of commercial payer for cases currently serviced by the Agency, act as a liaison between agency and commercial and federal payers.
- Act as a liaison to private insurance companies and government entities for home health care services. This function includes ongoing written and verbal communication with external customer service staff and case managers regarding authorization, re-authorization, and retro-authorization of visits, client clinical status reports, etc.
- Accurately document conversations regarding client insurance information; have knowledge of specific contracts between the Colorado VNA and various companies.
- Process insurance verification and authorization work flow within HCHB. Use the Kaiser Affiliate Link system, the Medicare and Medicaid systems, as well as VA contacts and systems to obtain insurance information.
- Call and discuss patient benefits with member services personal or Clinical staff at providers. This position function includes: documentation and ongoing maintenance of authorization and re-authorization information in the Agency's HCHB system as directed by workflow tasks; communicate with internal Clinicians or groups as needed, act as a resource to internal customers.
- Utilize sound customer service principles in relating to internal and external customers by negotiating effectively. Resolve conflicts both internal and external, seek management assistance as appropriate.
- Must have experience verifying medical insurance; commercial, medicare and medicaid
- Must have experience obtaining Authorization for commercial medicaid
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Clinical experience is a plus
If you need accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence.
Job Reference #: 895487