Hospice RN- Per Visit
Hospice RN- Per Visit- With or with out reasonable accommodation
The Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is seeking a per visit Hospice RN to cover overflow and vacation coverage. Minimum of 1 year of Hospice Experience required. Visits are all done during the day, no evenings or weekends.
Location: Denver Metro
Work Schedule: all visits are done between Monday- Friday 8-5. Per visit position covers over flow and vacation coverage.
Pay: $46/ visit- Mileage is paid in between patients homes.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. CVNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
Why should you work at the CVNA? We make a difference in your community. Our careers are extremely rewarding. Our clients appreciate you and we do too! That is why we have great benefits for you to take advantage of. Apply now to take the next step in your career.
As a CVNA Hospice RN, you will:
- Provide consistently high quality care to patients in accordance with the plan of care and Agency policies.
- Use appropriate case management skills
- Make the initial evaluation visit
- Regularly reevaluate the patient's nursing needs
- Initiate the plan of care and necessary revisions
- Furnish those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures
- Prepare clinical and progress notes
- Coordinate services
- Customize care to patient's needs, informing physician, nurse manager, other personnel, and family verbally and in writing as needed regarding changes and progress
- Counsel the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs
- Maintain and enhance nursing skills on a regular basis and participate in in-service programs
- Supervise and teach other nursing personnel.
- Handle medical emergencies calmly and quickly.
- Communicate regularly with other disciplines involved in care, and evaluate needs for other services, making recommendations when appropriate.
- Delegate duties appropriately to LPNs and CNAs.
- Submit accurate and timely documentation of care to appropriate Agency personnel, using laptop computer or correct paperwork.
- Document inter-disciplinary communication regarding patients by entering it into medical record. Chart progress accurately, thoroughly and legibly.
- Meet regulatory agency and pay source requirements to include goals, interventions, outcomes, frequency/duration of care, and other required information.
- Graduation from an approved educational program for Nursing.
- Active Colorado RN license or a license from the state of primary residence, if participating in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- Current CPR.
- Six months nursing experience in the last three years, or an acceptable refresher course.
- Adequate nursing knowledge to provide high quality nursing care in an autonomous home care environment, without regular on-site supervision.
- Understands the concept of working with teams for the enhancement of patient care and of Agency operations.
- Psychomotor skills to provide nursing care, including repetitive pinching, grasping, and manipulating.
- Standing, squatting, walking, bending, and maneuvering in private homes, which are not barrier-free.
- Heavy lifting (greater than fifty pounds) to transfer or turn an adult, with or without assistive devices.
- 1 year of hospice experience required.
- Other requirements may vary by case or department needs. Anyone with less than 12 months hospital-based nursing may be subject to an extended probationary review period.
How to Apply
Apply online or send your resume to email@example.com.
To learn more about CVNA, visit www.vnacolorado.org.
If you need an accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.