Hospice CNA- Days
Hospice Certified Nursing Assistant- (with or without reasonable accommodation)
Seeking Caring and Compassionate CNA. Must have hospice experience or an interest in Hospice. Hospice involves caring for someone at the end of their life with the most dignity and compassion.
The Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is Colorado's oldest and largest home healthcare company. We are also a non profit and focus on patient care.
Location: Aurora/Denver/Lakewood- travel to multiple homes each day.
Schedule: Full time Days. 1 weekend a month
Hours are between 8-5 Mon- Friday. Also requires every other weekend.
Pay: Depending on Experience ($14-$17.50/hr). 15% more on evenings and weekends. Mileage is also paid between clients homes.
Benefits:Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (17 days of paid time off for full time employees) Medical, Dental, Vision, 403B and company smart phone with care plan app.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. Colorado VNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
Why should you work at the Colorado VNA? We make a difference in your community. Our careers are extremely rewarding. Our clients appreciate you and we do too! That is why we have great benefits for you to take advantage of. If you are interested in a career in healthcare, this is your chance! Apply now to take the next step toward your goal. We hire new CNA?s!
As a CNA at Colorado VNA, you will:
- Assist clients with day-to-day living activities.
- Perform meal preparation, feeding, bathing, oral hygiene, dressing and grooming.
- Assist clients with mobility with cane, crutches, walker or wheelchair and transfer with Hoyer lift.
- Respond to client needs with a cooperative and willing attitude.
- Communicate with the primary caregiver regarding the plan of care.
- Meet productivity expectations and document visits through a telephonic reporting system.
- Maintain regular contact with the Agency scheduler regarding caseload.
- Participate in internal and external professional development programs to maintain and enhance skills.
- Use your smart phone device to reference patient charts, log mileage, and map out your route.
- Completion of an approved educational program for nurses aides in the state of Colorado.
- Active Colorado CNA license.
- Current BLS certification.
- Previous CNA or student experience within the last year.
- Physical stamina and ability to lift heavy objects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid driver?s license and good driving record.
If you need accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 20 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.