Admissions Coordinator- Healthcare
Admissions Coordinator- Healthcare ? with or without reasonable accommodation
The Colorado Vising Nurse Association is seeking an Admissions Coordinator with experience in healthcare admissions. Home healthcare experience a plus! Admissions LPN also available
Location: Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, 6750 W. 52nd Avenue. Arvada, CO 80002
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9-6, 40 hours, 1 weekend rotation/ month
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, 3 weeks of Paid Time Off, 403B, Flexible Spending Account.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado?s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. Colorado VNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
Why should you work at the Colorado VNA? We make a difference in your community. Our careers are extremely rewarding. Our clients appreciate you and we do too! That is why we have great benefits for you to take advantage of. Apply now to take the next step in your career.
As a Colorado VNA Admissions Coordinator, you will:
- Process referrals using the Agency's established procedures and meet quality and quantity performance standards.
- Enter data accurately into computer terminal as information is received via telephone, from physicians, hospital coordinators, clients, families and other sources.
- Provide complete, accurate referral information to schedulers and other departments to ensure effective communication and efficient service delivery.
- Provide backup to Insurance Verification Coordinator as needed.
- Provide basic information on Durable Medical Equipment and makes referrals.
- Act as a customer service representative to internal and external clients, including patients, physicians, caregivers, coworkers, supervisors, etc.
- Communicate and respond to service requests by listening, clarifying, problem-solving and following up until resolution is achieved.
- High school graduation or equivalent is required.
- Medical transcriptionist, admissions/intake coordinator, or other experience in the medical field is required.
- Strong data entry and communication skills.
- Sufficient knowledge of medical terminology.
If you need an accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.