This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Hospice RN (with or without reasonable accommodations)
Location: Denver Metro/ Field
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 8-5
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 403B, Flexible Spending Account, LTD/STD Insurance & much more!
Why should you work at the CVNA? We make a difference in your community. Our careers are extremely rewarding. Our clients appreciate you and we do too! That is why we have great benefits for you to take advantage of. Apply now to take the next step in your career.
As a CVNA Hospice RN, you will:
- Case management
- Provide consistently high quality care to patients in accordance with the plan of care and Agency policies.
- Use appropriate case management skills
- Make the initial evaluation visit
- Regularly reevaluate the patient's nursing needs
- Initiate the plan of care and necessary revisions
- Furnish those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures
- Prepare clinical and progress notes
- Coordinate services
- Customize care to patient's needs, informing physician, nurse manager, other personnel, and family verbally and in writing as needed regarding changes and progress
- Counsel the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs
- Maintain and enhance nursing skills on a regular basis and participate in in-service programs
- Supervise and teach other nursing personnel.
- Handle medical emergencies calmly and quickly.
- Communicate regularly with other disciplines involved in care, and evaluate needs for other services, making recommendations when appropriate.
- Delegate duties appropriately to LPNs and CNAs.
- Submit accurate and timely documentation of care to appropriate Agency personnel, using laptop computer or correct paperwork.
- Document inter-disciplinary communication regarding patients by entering it into medical record. Chart progress accurately, thoroughly and legibly.
- Meet regulatory agency and pay source requirements to include goals, interventions, outcomes, frequency/duration of care, and other required information.
- Graduation from an approved educational program for Nursing.
- Active Colorado RN license or a license from the state of primary residence, if participating in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- Current CPR.
- 1 year of Hospice RN Experience.
- Adequate nursing knowledge to provide high quality nursing care in an autonomous home care environment, without regular on-site supervision.
- Understands the concept of working with teams for the enhancement of patient care and of Agency operations.
- Psychomotor skills to provide nursing care, including repetitive pinching, grasping, and manipulating.
- Standing, squatting, walking, bending, and maneuvering in private homes, which are not barrier-free.
- Heavy lifting (greater than fifty pounds) to transfer or turn an adult, with or without assistive devices.
- Previous hospice or home care experience preferred.
How to Apply
Apply online or send your resume to email@example.com.
To learn more about CVNA, visit www.vnacolorado.org.
If you need an accommodation, please let us know.
Positions under 30 hours a week are not benefit eligible.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.